China Trade is Alive and Well
Imports into China have grown faster than its exports. The European Union has displaced the United States as the largest trading partner of China. These strategic facts relate to the first two months of 2008 calendar. You can confirm the data from China Customs. What does this mean for you?
- China is full of trade opportunities if you live in the west.
- A depreciated dollar is an advantage if you sell goods and services to China.
- The government of China has done a relatively good job of macro-economic management.
- China offers superior investment potential. You can benefit by moving capital from the first world to this country.
- China has moved beyond acting as an outsourcing lackey. It is now an influential player on the world stage.
- Communists can be pragmatic in matters of trade. The markets of China are at least as open as those of the United States.
- The people of China, including the poor and those who live in the most remote areas, have made the most material progress amongst their counterparts of the world.
- There are no signs of sub-prime crimes or recession in China.
- Regulators do more than reduce interest rates for their banks here.
We invite you to share your views on the economy of China. Do you live and work in the country? Which provinces have you visited? Would you like to add a tour to your Olympics visit? Have you benefited as yet with trade links with China?